Welcome to www.portmarnockgolfclub.ie, the Website.
Portmarnock Golf Club (we/our/us) understand that privacy is very important to you, the user, and we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy, together with our Rules of Website Use and any other documents referred to in it, sets out the basis on which any personal data we hold about you will be processed by us. The Data Protection Act (the Act) contains rules designed to protect your privacy. We are registered as a data controller for the purpose of the Act and must comply with the Act.
Personal data means any information that we hold, or are likely to hold, relating to an identified or identifiable living individual. In practice, this means personal information we hold about our members and users of our Website.
1 Information we may collect from you
From time to time, we may collect and process certain kinds of information about you. For example, this may include the information you provide us on registration as a member and a record of any correspondence you have with us. We may also collect details of your visits to our Website including, for example, the length of time you spend browsing certain pages of our Website.
All information that we collect about you will be kept confidential with the following exceptions:
- information stored in the Members' Area will be available for other members to use in accordance with the Acceptable Use Policy. You can withdraw your consent to this use of your information at anytime by contacting us;
- in order to enforce or apply any of the terms of our Rules of Website Use;
- if disclosure is required or permitted by law; or
2 How we use your personal information
We collect and process this information in order to help us to better understand the needs and interests of our members and visitors to the Website and to improve the functionality of our Website. We will process your personal information to provide club services to members including:
- to provide you with information relating to the club or associated events;
- to identify you in an online list of members in the Members' Area available to other members of the club;
- to tailor the functionality/presentation of the Website and to make improvements to the Website;
- to monitor use, including number of visits to our Website and locational data; and
- to identify and block disruptive use.
In no circumstances will your personal information be used by us for direct or indirect marketing purposes.
3 Where we store your personal information
We will store the data that we collect about you on our secure servers which are located exclusively within Ireland.
We do our best to protect your personal information but unfortunately the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee secure transmission of your information to our Website, but once we are in receipt of it we use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
4 Members Area
6 Links to other websites
7 Your rights
You have the right to access the information we hold about you.
9 Governing Law
Thank you for visiting our Website. This Website is operated by Portmarnock Golf Club, Golf Links Road, Portmarnock, Co. Dublin, Ireland